Bramley Apple Baking & Orchard Visit
Spring is a wonderful time to visit Northern Ireland and experience the beautiful Apple Blossom of County Armagh. The apple blossom is unpredictable and can come and go any time in April and the beginning of May although the peak time expected for the blossom is early May. In the early mornings, the birdsong is glorious and everything is springing back to life at this time of the year.
Join us for this unique immersive experience focusing on the wonderful Bramley apples of County Armagh in a beautiful hilltop orchard.
- The Bramley apples of County Armagh have coveted PGI status which highlights regional and traditional foods.
- Visit a local orchard in Collegeland , County Armagh to chat with the owners’ Des and Michelle Mackle and get the inside knowledge about the apples, the family business, the history and heritage.
- Then over to the cookery school where you will don your aprons, get baking and learn the secrets of traditional Irish baking using the Bramley apples.
- This experience will begin at the orchard and then continue at the cookery school which is a 5-minute drive away.
£65 per person
Bramley Apple Baking & Orchard Tour
- Potato Apple Bread, a traditional County Armagh recipe
- Fruit Soda Bread
- Buttermilk Scones
The class begins at 9.30 am at the Orchard which is 5 minutes drive from the cookery school on the Armagh side of Moy in Collegeland Co. Armagh.
In Spring time you will get to see the beautiful pink and white apple blossom and in the Autumn the apples will be on the trees
The orchard tour will last approximately 45 minutes and participants will then make their own way over to the cookery school for the class to begin straight after the orchard tour.
After tea, coffee and scones fresh from the oven the class begins with a demonstration of the recipes.
We bake from scratch using the best local ingredients and use a traditional griddle for the Potato Apple Bread.
You will make your own Fruit Soda Bread and scones and will have both to take home.
Please Note: This class is suitable for all levels of experience. For more information on our booking policy, please read our full Terms & Conditions.