Bramley Apple Baking & Orchard Visit
Join us for this unique immersive experience focusing on the wonderful Bramley apples of County Armagh in a beautiful hilltop orchard.
- The Bramley apples of County Armagh have coveted PGI status which highlights regional and traditional foods.
- Visit a local orchard to chat with the owner Des Mackle and get the inside knowledge about the apples, his family business, the history and heritage.
- Then over to the cookery school where you will don your aprons, get baking and learn the secrets of traditional Irish baking using the Bramley apples.
- This experience will begin at the orchard and then continue at the cookery school which is a 5-minute drive away.
|Cost:||£65 per person|
- Potato Apple Bread, a traditional County Armagh recipe
- Fruit Soda Bread
- Buttermilk Scones
After tea, coffee and scones fresh from the oven the class begins with a demonstration of the recipes. We bake from scratch using the best local ingredients and use a traditional griddle for the Potato Apple Bread.
You will make your own Fruit Soda Bread and will have this to take home.
The class begins at 10.00am at the Orchard which is 5 minutes drive from the cookery school on the Armagh side of Moy in Collegeland.
The orchard tour will last approximately 45 minutes and participants will then make their own way over to the cookery school for the class to begin straight after the orchard tour.
Please Note: This class is suitable for all levels of experience. For more information on our booking policy, please read our full Terms & Conditions.