This chocolate roulade recipe is made with cream and raspberry jam.
Gluten free, my chocolate roulade is a little trickier to make but the raspberries and cream really make it stand out and it tastes delicious.
This recipe is best made and eaten on the same day.
125g icing sugar
50g cocoa powder
15g potato flour
250ml double cream whipped
1 jar raspberry jam
fresh raspberries ( when in season )
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Line a large flat baking tray ( approximately 350mm x 250mm ) with greasproof paper and lightly butter it.
- Separate the eggs. Put the whites in a large clean bowl .
- Put the yolks in a food mixer bowl.
- Sieve the icing sugar and add half to the yolks and then whisk until light and and very pale and at least tripled in volume.
- Then sieve the cocoa powder and potato flour into this mixture and gently fold in.
- Add the rest of the icing sugar to the egg whites and whisk until stiff and shiny.
- Fold the whisked whites into the yolk mixture using a large metal spoon.
- Pour into the tin and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cake is just set.
- Get a large piece of greasproof paper and dust with caster sugar.
- Turn the cake onto the paper straight away and roll up gently along the long edge.
- When cool, un roll and then cover with the double cream and then the jam and gently roll up again.
- Dust with icing sugar.