A lovely summer soup, particularly good if you grow your courgettes as you are bound to have a glut. Try to use the nice small courgettes and if you have courgette flowers you can blitz those in at the end. This is easy, nutritious and always popular.
500g courgettes, (approx 6-8 small courgettes) washed and diced with skin on
150g potatoes ( 1 large ), peeled and diced
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
900ml approx stock , vegetable or chicken
salt and pepper
knob of butter (optional)
- Heat a heavy based saucepan on a medium heat, add a little olive oil and then the chopped onion and garlic and cook gently while you prepare the courgettes and potato.
- Heat the stock in a separate pan.
- Add the potatoes and butter to the onion and garlic and then the courgettes. Stir well and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and season.
- Simmer on a gentle heat until the potatoes and courgettes are cooked and soft , approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- Blitz with a blender, adjust the seasoning and add more stock or water if necessary to achieve a good consistency.