Servings: Makes 1 x 2lb loaf tin or 2 x 1lb loaf tins.
What you’ll need
2lb loaf tin or 2 x 1lb loaf tins and baking paper.
- 350g ripe bananas (about 4 large)
- 2 eggs
- 55g butter melted
- 150g soft light brown sugar
- 180g plain flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Handful pecans roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch salt
- Line the tin (s) with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan.
- Mash the bananas roughly with a fork.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a bowl and whisk for a few minutes until paler and increased in volume. Add the melted butter and whisk in.
- Add the mashed banana, pecans and cinnamon and stir in gently.
- Sift in the flour with the baking powder and add a pinch of salt and then gently fold the flour into the mix, make sure there are no streaks of flour showing.
- Pour into the tin and bake for about one hour. It should be lovely and golden, and a skewer should come out clean if inserted in the middle.