Belgian Chocolate Brownies
Servings: Makes 12
Cooking time: 20 – 25 minutes
What you’ll need
Swiss roll tin 9” x 13” lined with baking paper and greased with butter
- 190g dark chocolate
- 190g butter
- 265g sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 160C fan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl, add the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the melted chocolate to the eggs and whisk again to combine, sift in the flour and whisk until thoroughly combined ( with no streaks of flour ).
- Pour into a greased and lined tin.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until cooked but still a little sqiudgy in the middle.
- Mark out the squares and leave to cool for 10 minutes or so but cut into squares while still warm.
- Then leave to cool before taking out of the tin.
These will keep well for up to a week.