Carrot, Apple, Fennel and Pomegranate Salad
Servings: Serves 6
- 4 carrots
- 3 red eating apples
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 large or 2 small heads of fennel
- Extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- fresh coriander leaves
- salt and pepper
- Wash and peel the carrots. Wash the apples, cut into quarters and remove the core. Wash the fennel and remove the tough upper stalk.
- Using the coarse grating blade on a food processor grate the carrots and place in a large serving bowl.
- Grate the apples and squeeze over a little lemon juice and toss them in this to prevent discolouration then add to the carrot.
- Grate the fennel and add.
- When ready to serve drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over, add a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- At the end sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the top and some freshly chopped flat leaf parsley or coriander.
Keeps well for a few days.