Chocolate & Banana cookies
These Chocolate & Banana Cookies take a bit of time to prepare but are worth the effort. And are a great recipe for little bakers.
Servings: Makes about 24
Ingredients, Chocolate & Banana Cookies
- 110g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 125g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 20g cocoa powder
- 100g dark chocolate chips or chopped roughly
- 50g mashed banana (about 1/2 small banana)
- pinch of salt
- 100g icing sugar, for dusting
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment in place. Beat on a medium-high speed until light and fluffy, then gradually add the egg and continue to beat until incorporated.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt into a bowl, then add to the butter and sugar. Mix on a low speed for about 15 seconds, then add the chocolate and banana.
- Beat until combined, then transfer to the fridge for 1 – 2 hours to firm up.
- When firm, use your hands to form the dough into 3cm round balls, about 20g each: you might need to wash your hands once or twice when making them, if they get too sticky..
- Line a baking tray with parchment, place the cookies on the tray – there is no need to space them apart at this stage – and transfer to the fridge for at least an hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan. Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl and roll the cookies in the icing sugar, pressing it in as you go so that it sticks well. Place on the lined baking trays spaced 2 – 3cm apart, and flatten the cookies to 1cm thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes. They will be soft to the touch when they come out of the oven, so allow them to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before gently transferring to a wire rack.
These can be served warm, when they will be a little gooey in the centre, or set aside until completely cool.
These are also lovely with some chopped pecans added to the mix when you add the chocolate and banana.
For more recipe inspiration check out the Recipes Page.
Or join us in one of our hands-on Baking & Cooking Classes