Servings: Serves 6
Cooking time: 30-40 mins
- 500g courgettes (6-8 small courgettes) washed and diced with skin on
- 150g potatoes ( 1 large ), peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 900ml approx stock , vegetable or chicken
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Knob of butter (optional)
- Heat a heavy based saucepan on a medium heat, add a little olive oil and then the chopped onion and garlic and cook gently while you prepare the courgettes and potato.
- Heat the stock in a separate pan.
- Add the potatoes and butter to the onion and garlic and then the courgettes. Stir well and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and season.
- Simmer on a gentle heat until the potatoes and courgettes are cooked and soft , approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- Blitz with a blender, adjust the seasoning and add more stock or water if necessary to achieve a good consistency.
Try to use the nice small courgettes and if you have courgette flowers you can blitz those in at the end.