Easter Rocky Road with a Twist
Rocky Road with chocolate mini eggs for an Easter treat, what’s not to like ? These are a great recipe for little bakers and are popular with the whole family. One of my favourites !
Servings: Makes 12 large or 24 small rocky roads.
What you’ll need
You’ll need a 8” x 5” disposable foil container or small baking tray buttered and lined.
- 65g butter
- 160g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 1 ½ tablespoons golden syrup
- 80g mini marshmallows
- 100g rich tea biscuits
- Mini Chocolate Eggs (a handful)
- In a heavy based saucepan melt together the chocolate, butter and golden syrup over a gentle heat and stir well.
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin into rough pieces.
- Add this to the chocolate mixture and stir well together. Let it cool a little.
- Add the marshmallows and stir in. Roughly chop about half of the mini eggs and add to the mix.
- Pour into the foil container or baking tin and press evenly into the tin. Scatter the remaining chocolate eggs on top.
- Chill in the fridge until set.
- Then remove from the tin and cut into squares.
View more of my favourite Easter recipes Easter Baking Favourites