Fennel, Orange and Pomegranate Salad
Make the most of lovely seasonal fennel and Pomegranates with this Fennel, Orange and Pomegranate Salad. It makes a lovely, fresh and nutritious Winter salad.
Servings: 4 – 6
- 2 Fennel Bulbs
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1-2 Oranges
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash and trim the fennel bulbs, taking off the tough stalks at the top. Keep the green leafy fronds to scatter over the top.
- Cut the fennel in half and then into fine slices, always cutting through the root to keep the slices intact.
- Place in a shallow serving bowl or on a plate.
- Drizzle with really good extra virgin olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds into a bowl. Try to not get any of the white pith or membrane which can be very bitter.
- Using a knife, cut the and then the skin off the oranges and segment, so you just have the flesh with no skin.
- Scatter the orange segments over the fennel and squeeze all of the juice from the core on top.
- Chop the green fennel fronds and scatter on top. You could add some chopped flat leaf parsley.
- Scatter over a generous amount of the pomegranate seeds.
- Serve, this will keep for a day in the fridge.
Notes – Fennel, Orange & Pomegranate Salad
You can get lovely fennel, oranges and pomegranates from Italy during the winter months when they rae in peak season.
This will keep well for the following day.
For more Winter recipe inspiration, see my Recipes page.