Fresh Herb Stuffing
This fresh herb stuffing is ideal for your roast Turkey at Christmas time and delicious any time of year with Roast Chicken. It can be made the day before and cooked on the day and will keep well for a few days.
You can easily half this recipe.
Cooking time: 45 minutes – 1 hour
What you’ll need
Buttered baking dish or loaf tin
Ingredients – Fresh herb stuffing
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 175g butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400g fresh breadcrumbs (including crusts)
- A few sprigs of thyme
- A good handful fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a wide based saucepan, melt the butter, add the onions, garlic and chopped thyme, season well with salt and pepper and cook slowly until the onions are completely soft and translucent. This can take about 20 minutes at least.
- Then add the breadcrumbs and chopped parsley, season again with salt and pepper and mix everything together well.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Put in a buttered baking dish or loaf tin and bake in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until golden and crispy on top.
The key to really delicious stuffing is lots of butter !! And cook the onions until really soft and caramelised a bit and be generous with the salt.
And make sure to taste it before cooking in the oven. And cook in the oven until nice and golden on top.
You can find more seasonal recipes on the Recipes page.