Halloween Toffee Apples
These Halloween Toffee Apples are A classic Halloween treat. Halloween is a great time for trying out some spookylicious recipes with the children. This was always a favourite in our house growing up.
Servings: 6 -8
Cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes
What you’ll need
Ingredients – Halloween Toffee Apples
- 8 small apples
- Lollipop sticks
- 300g Sugar
- 150g Golden Syrup
- 40g Butter
- 125ml Water
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Line a little tray with baking or greaseproof paper.
- Wash and dry the apples and push a lollipop stick in the stalk securely so that it can not fall out. If your apples are waxy put them first in a bowl and pour over boiling water to wash the wax off.
- Put the sugar, syrup, butter, water, and vinegar in a heavy-based pan.
- Heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Boil on high for 5 to 10 minutes until golden.
- Then one at a time working quickly but safely, dip the apples in the toffee and swirl until covered. Let the excess drip off and then set on the tray to cool and harden.