Red Cabbage Coleslaw
Red Cabbage is in season in winter and this Red Cabbage Coleslaw is a great recipe. It’s adaptable and keeps well and is a great lunch box option.
Servings: 6 – 8
Ingredients – Red Cabbage Coleslaw
- 1/2 small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small red onion, finely shredded
- 4 – 5 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 – 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Flat leaf parsley or chives (optional)
- Mix together in a large bowl the shredded red cabbage, grated carrot and finely chopped red onion.
- Mix the lemon juice with the olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper and mix into the vegetables.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper or oil and lemon as need be.
- Add parsley or chives if using.
You can make this red cabbage coleslaw an hour or so ahead and the dressing softens the vegetables.
Pomegranate seeds are a lovely addition and pomegranates are in season at the same time.
You can dress this any way you like. Mayonnaise, Tahini dressing or a mixture of mayonnaise with natural yogurt are all lovely.
I love this along with Quinoa, Lentil & Avocado Salad