Rhubarb and Hazelnut Crumble
Servings: Serves 6
What you’ll need
1.1lt ovenproof dish
- 700g rhubarb, washed and chopped in 2cm pieces
- 55g caster sugar
- 125g self raising flour
- 80g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 25g oats
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g cold butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Put the rhubarb in the dish and sprinkle over the sugar, place in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the rhubarb is just starting to soften.
- Taste and add more sugar if necessary.
- To make the topping: put the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and butter into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the hazelnuts and sprinkle over the rhubarb. Can be made ahead and kept in the fridge at this point.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes until the rhubarb is cooked and the crumble is golden.
- Serve warm with cream, crème fraiche or custard.
You can leave out the hazelnuts or substitute almonds if you prefer.