Traditional Scotch Pancakes
- 8oz self raising flour
- 2oz caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ pint milk
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the sugar.
- Whisk the egg with about half of the milk.
- Make a well in the centre, stir in the egg mixture and whisk together to make a batter with the consistency of thick cream. Mix quickly and lightly, don’t over beat the mixture.
- Heat your pan on a medium heat and grease with a little butter,
- Drop spoonfuls onto hot greased non-stick pan and when bubbles form and start to burst turn over and cook on the other side until golden. Adjust the heat on the pan and keep it clean between batches with dry kitchen roll.
- For banana pancakes you can add a large mashed banana to the batter with ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon. Cook as above.
- For blueberry pancakes you can add a handful of blueberries to the batter or simply drop some onto the pancakes as they cook before turning over.