Wild Garlic Soup
Servings: Serves 4
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- knob of butter
- 1.2 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- 350g wild garlic leaves, well washed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy based saucepan, add the onions and butter and cook gently until soft and light golden.
- Add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, toss around with the onions and cook for a few minutes then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer gently until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the wild garlic and simmer for just a minute or two until all the garlic is wilted.
- Remove form the heat and blend until really smooth.
- Taste and check the seasoning.
- Serve in warm bowls as is or with a dollop of créme fraíche or cream.