Classic Apple and Cinnamon Crumble
Servings: Serves 6
What you'll need
1.1 litre pie dish, lightly buttered.
- 1 kg (5-6 medium) Bramley apples
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 175g self-raising flour, sifted
- 35g toasted blanched hazelnuts chopped roughly
- 90g Demerara sugar
- 60g butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Peel and core the apples and cut in slices.
- Place in a bowl with the soft brown sugar and cinnamon and toss together and then put in the pie dish.
- To make the crumble, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs, add the sugar, cinnamon and hazelnuts.
- Sprinkle over the apple and bake for 30-45minutes or until the topping is cooked and golden.
- Serve with cream, ice-cream or custard.
Hazelnuts gives the crumble a lovely texture. Serve with cream, ice cream or custard.