Easy Blueberry Muffins
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- 250g butter
- 4 medium eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 250g fresh blueberries
- 180g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan . Fill a muffin tray with muffin cases
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. you can do this by hand with a wooden spoon or using an electric whisk or the paddle attachment on a food mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time, make sure each egg is completely combined before adding the next.
- Then beat in the milk.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder together then gently fold together.
- To keep you muffins light and fluffy do not over mix.
- Finally add the blueberries and stir in gently.
- Divide between the muffin tins and fill each about two thirds full.
- Bake for 20 - 30- minutes until golden on top.
These are best eaten on the day. You could use fresh raspberries instead of blueberries.