Wee Buns Cookery School
- 1kg Cavolo Nero leaves
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- Pinch dried red chilli
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Strip the leaves of the cavolo off the stem and wash well and chop roughly.
- Cook in the boiling water until tender for about five – 10 minutes until tender and drain. Squeeze out the excess water.
- In a large based saucepan heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add the chopped garlic and chilli and stir until the garlic starts to colour, then add the cavolo, toss well in the oil and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
NotesIf you don’t have any cavolo nero to hand, this recipe works just as well with savoy cabbage, chard or kale.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see your work.
Tag @wee_buns on Instagram.