Broad Bean Salad
Broad Beans start to appear early in the summer from Italy or locally in our summer months. If you sow yours in Autumn as I did you will have them much earlier and deliciously sweet straight form the pod.
- 1 large handful podded broad beans per person
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large handful basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan shavings
- Use very fresh small broad beans and cook in boiling salted water for just a few minutes until tender.
- Strain and remove the skins of any larger beans, then while still warm, season with salt and pepper and toss in the oil and lemon juice, tear up the basil leaves and mix through.
- Serve at room temperature with some shaved parmesan on top.