Wee Buns Cookery School
- 1 large head broccoli
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2- 2 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Knob of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Handful of parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with the olive oil, add the onion and garlic and potatoes and cook on a gentle heat until the onion is soft and cooked, stir regularly.
- Wash the broccoli, cut the stalk off, peel and cut into chunks, cut the florets into smaller pieces.
- Add the stalk to the onion and potato and cook gently for another 5 minutes.
- Add the hot stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently until the potato is cooked through.
- Add the broccoli florets, continue cooking on a medium/high heat for 4-5 minutes until the broccoli is cooked.
- If using, add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Liquidise and taste to check the seasoning and serve.
NotesBest enjoyed with some delicious homemade bread smothered with real butter.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see your work.
Tag @wee_buns on Instagram.