Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: Makes 20 large cookies.
What you'll need
Trays lined with baking parchment.
- Preheat oven 180 C / 350F / Gas 4.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy – you can use a food mixer or an electric hand whisk or a wooden spoon – then gradually beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl and fold into the mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll into small walnut size balls, flatten a little and bake on trays lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes – cool a little before transferring to a wire rack.