Wee Buns Cookery School
What you'll needLarge flat baking tray (approximately 350mm x 250mm) lined with greaseproof paper and lightly buttered.
- 4 eggs
- 125g icing sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 15g potato flour
- 250ml double cream whipped
- 1 jar raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries ( when in season )
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Separate the eggs. Put the whites in a large clean bowl.
- Put the yolks in a food mixer bowl.
- eve the icing sugar and add half to the yolks and then whisk until light and and very pale and at least tripled in volume.
- Then sieve the cocoa powder and potato flour into this mixture and gently fold in.
- Add the rest of the icing sugar to the egg whites and whisk until stiff and shiny.
- Fold the whisked whites into the yolk mixture using a large metal spoon.
- Pour into the tin and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cake is just set.
- Get a large piece of greasproof paper and dust with caster sugar.
- Turn the cake onto the paper straight away and roll up gently along the long edge.
- When cool, un roll and then cover with the double cream and then the jam and gently roll up again.
- Dust with icing sugar.
NotesThis recipe is best made and eaten on the same day.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see your work.
Tag @wee_buns on Instagram.