Makes 25 cookies
Wee Buns Cookery School
- 340g plain flour sifted
- 135g butter
- 90g dark brown sugar
- 50g runny honey
- 60g treacle
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground all spice
- Royal Icing sugar to decorate
- Preheat oven to 160C / 140C fan
- Put the sugar, honey, treacle and butter in a small pan and place on a low heat stirring all the time until melted.
- Then leave to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and add the spices and then stir in the butter mixture and the egg.
- Mix together until you have a firm, smooth dough
- Chill for about 1 hour until firm enough to roll out.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll the dough to about the thickness of a pound coin.
- Cut out the cookies and place on the baking trays (lined with baking paper)
- Bake in the hot oven for 12- 14 minutes until cooked.
- When cool decorate as desired with royal or glace icing. Royal Icing will set hard and will keep better than glace icing.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see your work.
Tag @wee_buns on Instagram.