Wee Buns Cookery School
- 500g courgettes (6-8 small courgettes) washed and diced with skin on
- 150g potatoes ( 1 large ), peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 900ml approx stock , vegetable or chicken
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Knob of butter (optional)
- Heat a heavy based saucepan on a medium heat, add a little olive oil and then the chopped onion and garlic and cook gently while you prepare the courgettes and potato.
- Heat the stock in a separate pan.
- Add the potatoes and butter to the onion and garlic and then the courgettes. Stir well and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and season.
- Simmer on a gentle heat until the potatoes and courgettes are cooked and soft , approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- Blitz with a blender, adjust the seasoning and add more stock or water if necessary to achieve a good consistency.
NotesTry to use the nice small courgettes and if you have courgette flowers you can blitz those in at the end.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see your work.
Tag @wee_buns on Instagram.