Fennel, Orange and Pomegranate Salad
Servings: 4 - 6
- 2 Fennel Bulbs
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1-2 Oranges
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash and trim the fennel bulbs, taking off the tough stalks at the top. Keep the green leafy fronds to scatter over the top.
- Cut the fennel in half and then into fine slices, always cutting through the root to keep the slices intact.
- Place in a shallow serving bowl or on a plate.
- Drizzle with really good extra virgin olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds into a bowl. Try to not get any of the white pith or membrane which can be very bitter.
- Using a knife, cut the and then the skin off the oranges and segment, so you just have the flesh with no skin.
- Scatter the orange segments over the fennel and squeeze all of the juice from the core on top.
- Chop the green fennel fronds and scatter on top. You could add some chopped flat leaf parsley.
- Scatter over a generous amount of the pomegranate seeds.
- Serve, this will keep for a day in the fridge.
This will keep well for the following day.