Add a splash of cream If you want to treat yourself!
Wee Buns Cookery School
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 medium leeks
- Chicken stock approx 1 ½ litres
- Salt and pepper
- Knob of butter
- Heat the chicken stock in a separate pan.
- Trim the leeks, removing coarse outer leaves, slice thinly and wash very well.
- In a large heavy-based pan, heat a little olive oil, add the butter, onions and garlic and cook slowly until the onions soften. Add the potatoes and leeks, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook on low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add enough hot stock to cover the vegetables and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Liquidize, add more stock if necessary and taste and correct the seasoning if need be.
NotesAdd a splash of cream If you want to treat yourself!
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see your work.
Tag @wee_buns on Instagram.