Lemon Turmeric Chicken
Servings: Serves 6
- 4-6 chicken breast fillets or thigh fillets
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 head garlic
- 10 cardomon pods, seeds crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (or 1 fresh chilli, deseeded)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Vegetable oil
- Marinade the chicken with the spices, lemon zest and juice and olive oil, for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 220C and put in an oven proof dish or tray to heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add the chicken and the marinade to the hot dish and cook for about 25 – 35 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with rice or roast potatoes and some seasonal greens.
For best results marinade the chicken overnight, however if you are short of time, then just a few hours will do.