Wee Buns Cookery School
- 4oz plain flour
- 1 egg
- ½ pint milk
- Pinch of salt
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the salt and make a well in the centre.
- Beat the egg and add in with half of the milk & whisk until smooth.
- Add the remaining milk gradually & whisk until well mixed. If it seems too thick you can add a little more milk. It should have the consistency of double cream.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- To cook the pancakes, heat a non-stick frying pan, about 20cm wide over a medium heat until hot. Swirl in a little oil and tip out any excess or use butter paper to grease the pan (you don’t want any excess oil.
- Add a small ladleful of the batter, just enough to coat the base of the pan. Swirl it quickly until it covers the base. Cook for a minute or two until lightly coloured underneath then flip over with a palette knife and cook for a minute more until nicely coloured on both sides.
- Keep the pancakes in a warm oven layered up on a plate, until ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see your work.
Tag @wee_buns on Instagram.