Wee Buns Cookery School
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli seeds removed
- 1 small knob fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons ghee or sunflower oil
- 1 cauliflower
- 600g waxy potatoes
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 ½ teaspoons coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- salt and pepper
- water approximately 300ml
- 300g fresh spinach (or frozen)
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, well rinsed
- 200ml natural or greek yogurt
- squeeze of lemon
- handful fresh coriander
- Serve with rice or chapatis.
- Peel and chop the onion and finely chop the chilli, garlic and ginger.
- Heat the oil or ghee in a heavy based pan, add the chopped onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and cook over a gentle heat until soft and beginning to colour.
- Meanwhile peel and cut the potatoes into bite size chunks and cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Add the cumin, coriander, garam masala and turmeric to the onions and cook for another minute or two then add the potatoes and enough water to just cover the potatoes, bring to the boil and then simmer gently, after 5 minutes or so add the cauliflower florets and the chickpeas, season with salt and pepper and simmer gently until the potatoes and cauliflower are cooked through . Stir in the yogurt.
- Add the spinach and stir through. Taste and correct the seasoning.
NotesServe with a dollop of yogurt and a squeeze of lemon and some freshly chopped coriander.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see your work.
Tag @wee_buns on Instagram.