Quinoa, Lentil & Avocado Salad
Servings: Serves 4-6
- 150g puy lentils
- 150g Quinoa
- 1 or 2 avocados
- 200g feta cheese
- 1 bunch coriander or basil, roughly chopped or mint
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Put the lentils in a pan and cover well with cold water, add 1 peeled clove of garlic and a small red chilli. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently until tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove the garlic, sage and chilli and pour off most of the liquid.
- Add the oil and a good squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile cook the quinoa in three times the volume of water for about 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Strain the lentils and put in a serving dish with the quinoa.
- Peel and cut the avocado into chunks, squeeze over some lemon juice to prevent discolouration, add salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and add to the lentils.
- Taste to check the seasoning.
- Mix in the herbs, put in a serving dish and crumble the feta over the top.
You can adjust as you like. It works really well with some cooked beetroot tossed through. I use red or black organic Quinoa when I can get it. It has a lovely nutty texture. Look out for it online