Wee Buns Cookery School
What you'll need1.1lt ovenproof dish
- 700g rhubarb, washed and chopped in 2cm pieces
- 55g caster sugar
- 125g self raising flour
- 80g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 25g oats
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g cold butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Put the rhubarb in the dish and sprinkle over the sugar, place in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the rhubarb is just starting to soften.
- Taste and add more sugar if necessary.
- To make the topping: put the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and butter into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the hazelnuts and sprinkle over the rhubarb. Can be made ahead and kept in the fridge at this point.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes until the rhubarb is cooked and the crumble is golden.
- Serve warm with cream, crème fraiche or custard.
NotesYou can leave out the hazelnuts or substitute almonds if you prefer.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see your work.
Tag @wee_buns on Instagram.