Serves 4 - 6
Wee Buns Cookery School
- 800g strawberries, hulled
- 1 whole lemon
- 225g caster sugar
- 300ml (½ pint) water
- Put the sugar and water in a small pan, dissolve the sugar, then boil for 7 – 10 minutes.
- Pour into a large bowl to cool.
- Wash the lemon well, cut in pieces and remove any pips, then put it in a food processor and pulse-chop until fine. Add the strawberries and puree again.
- Add the puree to the sugar syrup and cool.
- Churn in an ice-cream machine or freeze in a shallow container, breaking up the sorbet every 30 minutes or so until frozen. This avoids large ice crystals.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see your work.
Tag @wee_buns on Instagram.